Safeguarding and Equality
The Government's Every Child Matters (Safeguarding Young People) Agenda requires all organisations involved with services to children and young people to protect them from harm and to help them achieve what they want in life. As a leading a work based learning provider Hillingdon Training undertakes to make every effort to ensure all its learners are:
- provided with a safe learning environment, both in the work place and training centre;
- informed on issues relating to the five outcomes identified in the Agenda including safe practices which prevent harm, abuse and maltreatment;
- involved in the continuous review and improvement of the services provided by Hillingdon Training.
The Single Equality Scheme demonstrates Hillingdon Training will fulfill its statutory duties to promote equality of opportunity and avoid discrimination in respect of race, disability and gender. It also has regard to the equality regulations in respect of age, religion, or belief, sexual orientation and gender reassignment and to the Work and Families Act 2006. It is intended to create a consistent approach to promoting equality in all its aspects of our provision.
We recognise the valuable contributions made by Hillingdon Trainings' employees, the employers it works with, learners, visitors, partners and key stakeholders, in terms of qualities of diverse experiences brought to learning, training, support services, research, consultancy, administration and management. We will seek to ensure that all staff and learners have equal access to the full range of facilities and adjustments to working and learning practices are considered wherever possible in order to accommodate a more diverse community.
- www.childline.org.uk - Childline is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK (0800 1111).
- www.direct.gov.uk - Government information.
- www.nspcc.org.uk - The NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) is the UK's leading charity specialising in child protection and the prevention of cruelty to children
- www.barnardos.org.uk - Helps the most vulnerable children and young people transform their lives and fulfil their potential